European legislation and other relevant documents
This page contains documents related to EU Directives and Regulations that are the basis for the EMCIP data collection and integration activity.
- REGULATION (EC) No 1406/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 June 2002 establishing a European Maritime Safety Agency (Consolidated text);
- DIRECTIVE 2009/18/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing the fundamental principles governing the investigation of accidents in the maritime transport sector and amending Council Directive 1999/35/EC and Directive 2002/59/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council;
- COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 1286/2011 adopting a common methodology for investigating marine casualties and incidents developed pursuant to Article 5(4) of Directive 2009/18/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
- COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 651/2011 adopting the rules of procedure of the permanent cooperation framework established by Member States in cooperation with the Commission pursuant to Article 10 of Directive 2009/18/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Code of the International Standards and Recommended Practices for a Safety Investigation into a Marine Casualty or Marine Incident, MSC-MEPC.3_Circ.2;
- Reports on Marine Casualties and Incidents required under SOLAS and MARPOL 73/78, Revised harmonized reporting procedures, MSC-MEPC.3_Circ.3;
- Reports required under SOLAS regulations I/21 and a XI-1/6, and MARPOL, articles 8 and 12, MSC-MEPC.3_Circ.4;
- European Statistics of accidents at work (ESAW) - Methodology (2012) Accidents at work;
- Relevant provisions of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006: Regulation 5.1.6 - Marine casualties and Guideline B4.3.6 - Investigations.
- EMCIP current taxonomy – Glossary of reporting attributes: This document compiles the values of the EMCIP taxonomy currently in production. Please note that this will be replaced after June 2018 by the revised version provided by the document “EMCIP-taxonomy (business edition May 2017)”.
- EMCIP revised taxonomy (business edition May 2017). This document is based on the results of the taxonomy review process that was conducted in 2016 by EMSA and Member States. The revised taxonomy will be in production after June 2018.